Type Here to Get Search Results !

How I Started Writing a Novel

book writing tips, novel writing tips, new post, blog post, #blogger
With several previous articles in this blog, I have mentioned that I started the re-work and editing activities of an Adventure Fiction Novel Series for Children, that I have written.

You may wonder how I got the idea to write a novel with long 26 episodes and each episodes are considerably lengthy.

I have mentioned all the details in a previous post and the same you can read once again here:
Also, as I have written in a previous post that, I am engaged with writing an Adventurous Fiction Series for Children and others. I have completed the main manuscript for the first series during the time I was unemployed. I later started with the copyright formalities and started working to structure the novel by reducing the original 26 episodes to 8 beautiful episodes but without losing its beauty and charm!
Ensure you are not going to write a novel after hearing my story unless you have that skill to do so.

How I found the Theme for My Novel?

It is quite interesting!

When my elder kid was in kindergarten, she was always disturbing me to hear jungle stories during the bed time. When she reached to the high school, she still wants to hear that story before going to sleep!

So I thought, why don't I write it as a Novel? The motivation was, even after 9 years, my kid still loves that story. It is a continuous story with lots of characters in it and might have completed more than 2000 stories to her till today!

That was the starting point!

What are the Benefits of Writing a Novel?

There are lots of benefits while publishing a novel, especially for kids.

Writers are rare in the kids novel segment and that is one of the wonderful benefits.

Moreover, it would help you to get a position between the group of children's novel writers as well as getting a label as a "Writer". If you add the label "Writer" along with your name and in any place, that would bring more respect to you.

Apart from that, there are possibility to get enough money once after the novel gets published and turns as a good buy for readers.

There are also, enough opportunities to translate the Novel to various famous languages and that would add even more money to your pocket.

Frankly speaking, after Jungle Book, lots of people got motivated and turned to write novels for children, but very few, I say very few of these writers got back the expense that they had spent to publish their novel.

Additionally, writing would help you to get a chance to work on your wonderful imagination constructively by utilizing your time in a disciplined manner.

Also, reading and re-reading the written parts of the novel helps you to add more interesting scenes and charm every time through editing to the further level. This will help you to add more fun and bring your thoughts to the extreme level of creativity.

Do I Have Fear on Whether It Would be a Success or Not?

Never! Fear is not good for anything.

I am in the copyright process of my story and once done, the initial manuscript would be sent to the identified publisher for the initial procedures  such as copy- righting, DTP, designing cover, inside pictures etc. It would then publish the novel in its original manuscript language.

Once gets published,within a few months, it is possible to evaluate the  success rate. If it is not doing well, there are lots of other options to change the structure and other factors related to the novel.

It is a duty of the writer to identify all the possible risks in advance and having necessary plans in hand to overcome the risks.

What are the Home Work Done for This?

As it is an Adventurous Fiction for children, it had written in a way that others also can enjoy it.

To identify how the novel needs to be structured in a manner that would attract the attention of buyers, I had researched with the similar best selling novels in the market to identify what are the structure of those.

I even needs to focus on the cover design, paper quality, size of the book, cover type, length of each episode, total pages in the book and more importantly, the price part.

My days long research on these areas had given an idea to me on how the book should be arranged and how it would look like and what should be the main points to consider before publishing.

As I am writing this even after it is not into the subject of my blog, I thought to tell people  on how youo can make money through identifying your hidden inner skills and passion.

I am sure, my story would certainly motivate you to do something better in your life.

Interested to know more about? Comment below and I will get back to you.

Post a Comment

7 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
  1. Great, go ahead. All supports and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear this experience Shrein. I agree that stories are the best way to connect to people and if its kids stories then i am sure there are lot of demand for good and interesting books.
    I wish you all success and would be waiting to see the final published version of the book so that i can give it to my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear this experience Shrein. I agree that stories are the best way to connect to people and if its kids stories then i am sure there are lot of demand for good and interesting books.
    I wish you all success and would be waiting to see the final published version of the book so that i can give it to my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best and hope it will be a fruitful one for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Sherin.The story of how you started writing the book itself was interesting.wishing you all the success in your endeavour.

    Aji

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news Sherin.The story of how you started writing the book itself was interesting.wishing you all the success in your endeavour.

    Aji

    ReplyDelete